Thread: i seem to have locals in the 0-68 range,

i seem to have locals in the 0-68 range,

so if i install the 900's will that leave these original locals alone? or will it overwrite all of em'? i used to l;ove the 900's but i'd like to add whatever locals i could in my "beam" thank you
    sex , OR drugs , ORR rock n roll,,

If you read up you will see that the locals script will do just about anything you want, from moving locals to 900s, to blocking channels you don't want.

Dennis

thanks dsboyce8624 , (i'm honored ) , and i admit that i've learned a lot in a night of reading , though i have become a little overwhelmed with all that is available ! i will probably try the 900's route , but in reading i noticed a lot of favor given to the "select locals" script , so i am temporarily hesitant to COMMIT ,, anyway , i certainly appreciate your help and i will try to choose wisely , its all a bit HUGE at first , but i guess thats whats so cool about it

I believe the 'select locals' script will simply set a local market for you. This means you will get one market in your 1-99 range.

If you want ALL the locals in your beam, then you should use mvchannels.tcl. The channels.dat file can be edited to give you very fine control over the placement and which channels you want.

thanks again!

I believe the 'select locals' script will simply set a local market for you. This means you will
    get one market in your 1-99 range.
    I've seen command line instructions that would cover more than one city with selectlocals.

If selectlocals were for just one set of locals, isn't that really resolved by the locals byte on the DSS card?

I'm also trying to figure out if selectlocals will work with the new channels lineup post 28Dec.