Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with Rec. not seeing Sat.

Help with Rec. not seeing Sat.

OK, I have setup several satellites for friends and neighbors but this is my first DTiVo. On my regular satellite I get 95+ Signal on all transponders except 12, 18, 26, and 28. On those I get nothing.
    I hook up my new DTiVo to the same cable and only get a signal on Transponders 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 14, 16, 20, 22, 24, 30, and 32. On all the others I get nothing. When I try to run the setup I get Sat 101 not detected.
    Help, I have had my other Sat up for 4 years with no probs. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you used a splitter to try and split the signal from the Sat.

You must use a multi switch and seperate runs to each of your recievers. In order to use the dual tuner on your tivo it requires two runs from the mutiswitch.

Check your cabling.

Ok, I realize why I am not getting a signal on 12, 18, 26, and 28. They are dedicated spot beam that I am not supposed to get.
    Now, on to other things. I am running the cable directly from my LNB to the DTiVo. I only receive a signal (90+) on the even transponders. On the ODD transponders I get nothing.
    Keep in mind that with my regular receiver I receive 95+ signal on all Transponders except the Spot Beam transponders.
    Any ideas?
    BTW, DSR 6000.
    Last edited by LoneRider1999; 01-26-2002 at 12:02 AM.

How many recievers do have connected?

Originally posted by T_RJ
    How many recievers do have connected?
    Right now I have a dual LNB and one of the cables is going to the required input on the DTiVo and the other cable is going back to a regular receiver in my bedroom. I am running the initial setup and telling it I have a round dish with one cable.
    I get full transponder response from the one in the bedroom.

If you can swap the cables from the bedroom and the where the tivo is.

If you get the same results it sounds like your tivo is messed up.

The Tivo is a bit more picky then standard recievers, make sure you have RG6.

I suspect your cabeling.

Originally posted by T_RJ
    If you can swap the cables from the bedroom and the where the tivo is.

If you get the same results it sounds like your tivo is messed up.

The Tivo is a bit more picky then standard recievers, make sure you have RG6.

I suspect your cabeling.
    It is RG6. I will move the DTiVo to the bedroom and see what happens.

Thank God.

T_RJ, you are my personal god. It works flawlessly in the bedroom. I am going to swap the cables on the LNB now to try to determine if it is the LNB or the cable.
    THANK YOU!

Send all donations to :

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/an...?s=&forumid=25

After all Vadim is the one providing us a place to help each other!

Cool

I just happen to have a PayPal account.

Looks like all is not well. See my thread entitled "Sat In 1 bad, Sat In 2 good".

hey bud, running an tivo here as well, and i know they can alittle more tricky than regular recievers
    try going to your parental controls and putting $350 as your spending limit
    if your running something othere than legit sub to dtv , please pm for other troubleshooting

Originally posted by start101
    hey bud, running an tivo here as well, and i know they can alittle more tricky than regular recievers
    try going to your parental controls and putting $350 as your spending limit
    if your running something othere than legit sub to dtv , please pm for other troubleshooting
    The thing is that I have not even had a chance to finish setup on the machine because it will only see half the transponders. Because of that I get an error saying Sat 101 Not Detected.
    Could 25xtreme possible have anything to do with this? I really doubt it because it seems like a hardware issue.
    I just don't understand why I can get it to see only the even number transponders part of the time and only the odd number transponders part of the time. I can never get Sat In 1 to see both even and odd transponders at the same time.
    Again, if someone has ever run into something like this please refer to my post entitled "Sat In 1 bad, Sat in 2 good".
    Thanks for all your help.

Get a multimeter and check the output voltage on the sat1 input.
    It should read either 18 volts dc or 13 volts dc. The voltage depends on whether you are tuned to an even or odd transponder. If doesn't change when switched from even to odd. Then there is a problem with that tuner.

Please excuse my ignorance but I have to ask a dumb question. I don't have and don't know how to use a multimeter (though I know what it is). I live about 1/4 mile from Rat Shack so I can get one easily. How do I use it to check the plug? Do I leave the cable unplugged and put the mulitmeter in/on the plug and then switch transponders?
    Thanks for your patience and help guys.