Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TiVo Locals

Well it's been almost 24 hrs since I removed the locals (including a reboot), but I'm still not getting the locals I sub to. Is there anything else I can do to get them back?

Thanks

Originally posted by gitit1234
    Well it's been almost 24 hrs since I removed the locals (including a reboot), but I'm still not getting the locals I sub to. Is there anything else I can do to get them back?

Thanks
    Here's an idea.

Go through the steps you've done before. Tranfser mvchannels135, Main.dat and channels.dat to a directory (we always like to use /var/hack)

chmod +x the mvchannels.tcl

edit the channels.dat to ONLY include the locals you DO subscribe to.

Make sure to put a 1 at the end of the line, so the channels show up in their original 1-99 location (where they would have been in a legit sub situation anyway.

Run ./mvchannels.tcl -file=/var/hack/channels.dat ONLY ONCE

No loop, no delay.

You should be fine there after..

JJ

Re: Re: NEWBIE NEEDS HELP

Originally posted by BubbleLamp

Well if your locals are for the wrong location, then your "card" is most likely the problem. We really don't discuss those issues here.

If they are just in the wrong places, then you need to get your cable working so you can xfer the files. Keep reading, it's all here.
    Well, it's definitely not the card because other IRDs work. Still getting the "searching for satellite signal" and the MI locals. I'll try a few of the fixes on the site and see what happens.

where are you located? Due to spot beam technology, Local channals are not fed via the national stream anymore. If you are not within the MI spot beam region, you will get "Search for Satellite Signal" for MI locals because your dish simply doesn't get the signal at all.

From what I hear, changing your IRD's spending limit will affect the locals market you receive with certain emu software.

Perhaps a Google usenet search would give you the info you are looking for