Thread: Slink Cable

Slink Cable

Does anyone have any diagrams or pinout information for the Slink cable for TiVo???

Thanks,
    JQ

Pin 5 is ground the "sleeve" on the stereo jack.

Pin 2 is "Tip" on the stereo jack

Pin 3 is the center ring on the stereo jack.

Are you asking about a s-link cable to allow your Sony Tivo to control other Sony equipment? If so, every Sony component I have ever bought had one in it. If you need to make a long one, there are only 2 ways it could be wired, so try to make it straight-through (tip to tip, ring to ring) and if that doesn't work, do it flipped (tip1 to ring 2, tip2 to ring1)...

If you are just looking to make a serial cable to hook your Tivo to your PC, then follow T_RJ's instructions above...

Zoolan
    Last edited by zoolan; 02-09-2002 at 09:37 AM.

thanks

I am trying to make a slink cable, not a tivo serial cable. Thanks for the advice. I didn't receive a slink cable with my Sony vcr or Sony T60. I would like to be able to use this option.

Thanks

JQ

I believe I have the slink cable and all it is a cable with 2 stereo mini plugs, one at each end. I haven't tried to use it since I don't have the Sony vcr anymore.

Also I'm not sure you can use the slink since the menu instructions refer to an ir emitter.
    Last edited by superzap; 02-09-2002 at 05:04 PM.