Thread: Random Reboot during PPV selection

Random Reboot during PPV selection

I am running EMU w/ the latest SLE. I have a DSR6K and have been running fine. However, I sometimes get random reboots while I am selecting PPV to record. Does anybody have this problem? Any solution?
    Last edited by TheBigDog; 02-11-2002 at 10:47 AM.

me 2

Yea, I had this problem last night. It happened twice. So the third time I made sure to select the channel on the guide and watch it for a few seconds and then when I tried to record it was fine.

I can't do that cuz' I am recording future PPV. or have you tried your trick to record FUTURE PPV successfully?

Originally posted by TheBigDog
    I can't do that cuz' I am recording future PPV. or have you tried your trick to record FUTURE PPV successfully?
    The PPV problem was fixed a while ago in SLE, I suggest you re-read the docs on it.

A work around is to manually schedule the recording time and channel, since it's the "purchasing" part of the process that causes the reboot.

BubbleLamp,
    Actually I have read about the changes in SLE and knew that the new SLE release is supposed to solve the problem. However, I still get reboot randomly, NOT every time though.

I knew that there is a switch (UTV) that you could add in the command line but that's only for UTV.

I will try to manually record time and channals next time I guess....

I experience the reboot with the latest version of Pitou. It only seems to occur when I try to schedule a PPV recording in the future and it conflicts with another recording. When I try to go back and choose a different time it reboots. If I don't use the arrows to go back and just hit the Tivo button to get back to the main menu, it doesn't reboot. My ability to schedule future PPV's works fine otherwise.
    Information wants to be free....