Thread: HU Card and DSR6000 IVAC

Angry HU Card and DSR6000 IVAC

I have a Phillips DSR6000 and I am using it with an HU card. Everything has been fine for 2 plus months until last Friday, February 8th. When I came home from work last Friday, many HU 3Ms were hashed and my TiVo read "Please Insert Valid Access Card" for the first time with an HU card. I once used it with an emulator but got IVAC every day or two.

After rebooting, everything was fine until Saturday morning when it was IVAC again. Every morning since I got IVAC and last night it even went IVAC in the middle of show (first time).

Has anyone encountered the same problem with an HU card, and if so, can yo please suggest anything I could try to remedy the IVAC?

What I have tried is:
    1. Rebooting - good for a while
    2. Unplugged my system for about 10 hours, worked for about 24 hours

I want to emphasize that until last Friday, everything was working great for over 2 months.

Thnaks for your help!

Black listed cam!!!

Get a new one.

I have not seen anything quite like this before. These units are a little tricky. The cam would be my bet though.

hogwarts
    Last edited by hogwarts; 02-14-2002 at 09:58 PM.

I'll try another one tonight, but I am using the same cam on another 20 plus crads I look after (none are used with TiVo) and no one else is having a problem.