Thread: 30 second skip

30 second skip

i know this has been asked before,but i have searched and searched,but cant find.i would like to program the->skip button to skip 30 seconds instead of to the end of the program.anyone have ant ideas?i had it running for a while,but i recently rebooted and lost the function.anyone?thanks

Select-Play-Select-30-Select (listen for the 3 "bongs" for confirmation).

Will this work on the v2.5 units as well?

I believe this works only for 1.3 and 2.5, it was disabled for 2.0.

I believe this works only for 1.3 and 2.5, it was disabled for 2.0.
    Correct!

Also, some people refer to it as a backdoor, but the backdoors do not need to be enabled to allow it to work.

I think the downside to this is that you can't skip through the 15 minute increments while fast forwarding something pre-recorded
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

I think the downside to this is that you can't skip through the 15 minute increments while fast forwarding something pre-recorded
    I think that it disables "skip to end" as well. I used it a lot for the first few weeks that I had 2.5. Then sometimes I wouldn't use it, and would forget that it was disabled, try to skip 30 seconds and end up at the end of the show. Then I had to FF through 1/2 the show again to re-cue. After this happening a few times, I gave up. I adjusted my autocorrect setting to the way I liked them and moved on. I like the skip to tick and skip to end better.